“Everything in excess is opposed to nature” ― Hippocrates
What you eat and drink is the first line of defence against toxic overload, which can lead to weight gain and a lethargic sluggish, metabolism. By controlling what goes into your mouth, you have the power to reduce a huge number of toxins that could otherwise enter the body. Here at Zest in Greece we work with you to customise a healthy detox juice/meal plan for you to kick start your metabolic rate, increase your natural energy levels and aid to finding your perfect body shape.
Our Ultimate Detox 7 Day Juice and Smoothie Cleanse
This is termed a Juice or Detox “CLEANSE” rather than a Juice or Detox ‘FAST’ because you get ALL the adequate calories and nutrition required for the body to meet its daily tasks – from at least 4 litres of fresh juice composed of daily green vegetable juices, fruit juices and super green foods spirulina and wheatgrass. Often when people do a Detox or Juice “FAST” instead of a Detox or Juice“CLEANSE” they take in very small amounts of liquid/calories, the metabolism slows, their energy slumps, and they may feel quite ‘dysfunctional’. Juice or detox cleansing works differently, supporting the body throughout all its functional daily life requirements, while experiencing massive cleansing on a cellular level.
Fresh live juice and smoothie requires hardly any digestion, so all its nutritional goodness gets rapidly absorbed into your system while simultaneously giving your digestive system a rest. Your body can then use that saved energy to clean out old matter, especially from the small intestine. The average person holds 2-5lbs of toxic old matter in their intestines, and cleansing is an ideal way to release it, giving the body a phenomenal chance to rejuvenate and restore. Far from being a time of ‘deprivation’, this extraordinary healing program is an experience of abundance and massive nutritional intake.
The greatest benefit to a detox or cleanse is its ability to start fresh, and transition to a long-term, healthy way of eating. Many of our clients, and people who have followed the 7 day juice/smoothie cleanse, have told us that their cravings for salty, fatty, or sweet foods disappear.
7 days not for you? Try the 4 day cleanse followed by 3 days of healthy Greek food and appreciate the natural flavours of whole, fresh foods. We can customise to suit your requirements.
In addition, losing some pounds and inches over the cleanse can create the motivation and confidence to embark on a longer journey.
Finally, the beautiful retreat and environment away from daily stresses gives the chance to prevent you from being able to act on any usual emotional, social, environmental, and habitual eating triggers, which can be the first step to breaking unhealthy patterns. All of these benefits can make committing to healthy goals – like cooking healthy food at home more often, eating breakfast each day, and bringing your lunch to work and increased water intake – a whole lot easier.
The juices are extremely alkalizing. The benefits of maintaining alkalinity in the body are crucial, here are just a few benefits of maintaining an alkaline environment in our bodies tissues:
– Improved focus and mental clarity
– Improved heart and cardiovascular function
– Improved bone & joint function
– Stronger Immune System – infections and disease thrive in an acidic environment
– Better digestion
– Better overall mood
– Healthier hair, skin and nails
– Natural body weight
– Heart Health: Both antioxidant vitamins C and E prevent the damaging effect of free radicals on artery walls. They prevent blood from sticking, clotting, becoming toxic as well as helping to lower triglyceride’s levels. Great levels of vitamin C and levels of vitamin E can be found in most fruits and vegetables.
– Liver Detoxification: One of the primary functions of the liver is to serve as the body’s detoxifier. It is involved with detoxifying harmful substances (like environmental toxins, chemicals, food additives, preservatives, drugs, etc) before they can enter the bloodstream and harm the body. Periodic cleansing of the liver through juicing can be important in maintaining good health. Fresh juices reduce the burden on the liver and give it a chance to catch up. Juicing allows the liver to rid itself of accumulated toxins, thus permitting it to operate more efficiently.